Helping First-Time Parents Succeed
Bright Start implements the Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP) model of nursing. NFP has been carefully tested during nearly 30 years of ongoing, longitudinal, randomized trails. These scientifically controlled studies have found consistent and dramatic benefits for first-time mothers and their children.
NFP focuses on accomplishing three goals:
- Improve pregnancy outcomes by helping women engage in preventative health practices, including obtaining thorough prenatal care from their healthcare providers, improving their diet, and reducing their use of cigarettes, alcohol, and illegal substances
- Improve child health and development by helping parents provide responsible and competent care for their children
- Improve economic self-sufficiency of the family by helping parents develop vision for their own future, plan future pregnancies, and continue their education
- Improved prenatal health
- Fewer childhood injuries
- Fewer subsequent pregnancies
- Increased intervals between births
- Increased maternal employment
- Improved school readiness
Contact us to request our brochure.